Monday, September 13, 2010

Dear Family and Friends

Dear Family and Friends,

Twenty-five years ago, I asked the Lord to use me in a special way to bring glory to His kingdom. At the time, I was studying fashion design, and I wondered how God could use such a vocation for His glory. That day, He gave me a picture of me surrounded by very dark-skinned children in Africa. I thought, perhaps, I would someday have a clothing company that made clothes for orphans. That picture never left my mind, and I kept seeking His will for my life.

Today, I work as a wardrobe stylist for a Christian music video show, and one of the hosts of the show is from Côte d'Ivoire, Africa. One day, I asked her about the orphan situation there and, with surprise in her eyes, she told me that her mother had just taken two hundred orphans into their church (where her father, Mr. Adebayo, is the pastor). There is no building to house these children so, for now, fifty of them stay in the church, and the rest stay scattered around the village. I have been in contact with Pastor Adebayo, praying that I could find a way to help them.

This past week, God has answered that prayer. With the help of an orphan ministry called Lifesong for Orphans, I will be raising funds to build an orphanage in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire. I plan to visit with Pastor Adebayo face-to-face to learn the exact needs for the orphanage. A cameraman will also be accompanying me to take pictures of the children and their needs. With these pictures and videos, I will be able to successfully share the information and raise awareness of the needs.

I covet your prayers for the direction of this orphanage, for its building, for a future school, and for the children's lives to be ever changed!

I am also asking you to prayerfuly consider giving to this cause to cover our travel expenses ($6,000.00). If the Lord lays this on your heart, you may make your checks out to the orphan ministry, Lifesong for Orphans. Or, if you would like to start giving toward the building of the orphanage, just make a note of that on the check.

Lifesong for Orphans
PO Box 40
Gridley, IL 61744

In the memo section of your check, please write: "Côte d'Ivoire orphans"

Lifesong for Orphans is a 501C3 charity, and your donation is tax deductible. You can read about Lifesong by going to www.lifesongfororphans.org.

Thank you for prayerfully considering my request. God is Sovereign!

Love to you all -- For His glory,

Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Sherry passed along the link to your blog and I am so excited to read about your ministry opportunity and follow you as you go on your trip. I'll be praying for you and will look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete