Sunday, November 28, 2010

Flower Power!!

Thankful so thankful!!!

My first real day of orphan awareness for the 200 orphans in Cote d 'Ivoire was a great success!!










Tess Thomas (an 8th grader) designed these darling flower pins to help raise money last Christmas for a family in need.  I asked what she thought about making them for the orphans and after prayer she said "Yes."
The house was buzzing with creativity- gals and guys giving of their time to help make flower pins to raise money!!

Along with the beautiful pins-My friend Carol Harkness offered to sell her amazing oil paintings of her flowers to help raise money as well. Check out her work at carolharkness.com  

We raised 700.00 !!!

Wow -I am so thankfull for all the support and love!!
And So thankful to Leslie Ringger (from Lifesong who went to Africa with me) for driving 6 hours to come and help me with this event and other important details about the orphans!! We went to bed about 2 am on an average!!! Love you Leslie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment